Navigation Menu

Blended Skincare: Apple Cider and Tea Tree Facial Toner, Be Acne-Free Mask & Be Protected Gel SPF25 Moisturiser [Sponsored Review]

Late last year, Blended Skincare contacted me to do a review on their very own curated natural skincare line. Focused on raising awareness of the harmful chemicals in modern skincare products while offering an alternative, I was very intrigued by their products and was interested to collaborate with them to put their products to the test.

Fast forward a few months later (when I finally have the time to review), I'm pleased to share my experience with all of you.

Note: Be Acne-Free Mask is currently out of stock but I'll write my review for it anyway because it will be relaunched in June. In the meantime, you can email blended.sg@gmail.com to register your interest. Interested parties will also receive their brand new body cream sample (product is not launched yet) upon purchase.



VERDICT

Apple Cider And Tea Tree Facial Toner

 Great for deep cleansing pores and removing the gunk, especially after a long day out.
With regular usage, many users have observed a reduction in pore size. 


This toner works because it is made with apple cider vinegar that contains alpha hydroxy acids which helps to remove dead skin and reveal healthy and vibrant new skin; it has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties capable of keeping bacteria at bay and pimples from forming; and it also helps to balance pH and keeps your skin from becoming too oily or too dry by balancing the production of sebum. And with the addition of Tea Tree Oil, this toner helps to disinfect and treat any blemishes or acne present.

That being said, if you are allergic to Tea Tree Oil, you can opt for an essential oil of your choice instead – Lavender, Peppermint or Sweet Orange.


To Use:
Pump 2-3 times with a cotton pad and gently wipe over your face as you would use a makeup remover / facial wipe.

Texture: Liquid

Smell: Has the scent of the apple Cider Vinegar

Ingredients:
From the web: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), Tea Tree Oil
From the label:

Cost: $19.40

Product Rating: 7/10
First off, I will state that the smell of this takes some getting used to. I usually only used this toner for my night regimen so that no one else will smell my toner.

However, that being said, as someone who has used ACV way before using this product... I know the benefit of its use. I have to agree that it will help to refresh the skin and help with the breakouts, but I do find that results will vary based on individual. And I have to point out that no~ your pores won't shrink from the use of this, but it might help to control the over production of sebum which will prevent clogging and hence, give the appearance of smaller pore size.

I would prefer if the ingredients are listed properly, but from the looks of it, it's all natural which is a major plus for me.


Be Acne-Free Mask

An organic facial mask to help combat spots and breakouts, and designed specially for sensitive skin. It can also be used for maintenance and hormonal breakouts during that time of the month. 


To Use:
Simply use it as you would any clay mask - apply all over and leave on to dry, then wash off.

Look how the mask cracks and flakes once dried.
This mask was left on my skin for 3 minutes only.
Texture: Moist Clay when wet, dries off flaky

Smell: I can't seem to pinpoint the scent of this, I'm guessing it's the smell of tea tree oil but it smells different from the tea tree oil I have at home. Overall, I dont like this scent because I find it too overpowering.

Ingredients:
Morroccan Red Clay*, Aloe Vera*, Melaleuca Alternifola (Tea Tree) Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)*

*Certified Organic Ingredients

Cost: $32.90

Product Rating: 6/10
I'm a fan of clay-based mask because I find them more effective at controlling my sebum production and blemish problems, but I found this mask hard to use and apply.

There is a layer of liquid on the surface while all the clay sink to the bottom, so I had to try my best to mix them up with a mini spoon first before quickly applying it to my face. It's not an easy feat. I also found that this mixture dries up really fast, which is great if you are tied for time. So you can apply in on before entering the shower and wash them off in like 5 mins.

However, if you are intending to multi-task with this mask on (aka leaving it on for more than 5 mins), do take note that it flakes once dried... like by a lot. Haha! 

As for benefits, I hardly ever leave this mask on long enough to reap the full benefits of the red clay before it starts "snowing" all over so I guess that might be the reason why I don't see any significant improvement of my skin with this mask. 

However, as a frequent user of clay mask, I have experience improvements in the appearance of my pore size and complexion with other similar clay mask. I think Blended should re-look into the formulation of this mask so that it flakes lesser and doesn't smell as strong as it currently is.


Be Protected Gel SPF25 Moisturiser

Introducing the first organic sunblock in the market that does not make use of chemical filters for protection of skin under the harsh sun, Blended's Be Protected Gel SPF25 Moisturiser utilizes pure plant-based extracts and essential oils to provide a SPF coverage of about 25 while most sunblocks rely on either of the following to protect sun protection: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, oxybenzone, avobenzone, octinoxate, etc. 


To Use:
Apple a very thin layer evenly on entire face.
For day use only.

Texture: Gel, non-sticky

Smell: Scent of peppermint

Ingredients:
Witch Hazel, Jojoba Oil*, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E*, Essential Oils* (Rose, Rosehip, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint).
* Certified Organic Ingredients

Cost: $9

Product Rating: 10/10
I love this product the most out of the three! I like the smell of it, it feels cooling upon application (especially since I kept these products in the fridge), it doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or oily and it has a natural SPF of 25.

My skin did not breakout from the use of it, it was very easy to apply and works well with my makeup over it!

Where to Purchase?

Blended Skincare Products can be found online here

OR

At Marina Square Shopping Mall #02-339
Open from 10am to 10pm daily

Special Promotion for My Readers

Use my code  'JodyXBlended' when you purchase any Blended products and receive an additional matte powder.

Here's how you can receive this item from an online purchase:

1) Add desired items to cart

2) Add 'Be Matte - Mattifying Pore Powder' to cart

3) Key in 'JodyXBlended' at promo box

4) 'Be Matte - Mattifying Pore Powder' is free!

OR

If you are buying from Marina Square:

Just mention 'JodyXBlended' at the cashier!

0 comments: