Navigation Menu

Yves Rocher: Low Shampoo, Raspberry Rinsing Vinegar & Exceptional Serum [Sponsored Review]

A while back, I was invited to test an interesting shampoo out along with 2 other popular hair products from Yves Rocher. If you haven't heard or saw it on the papers, Yves Rocher has a new product in town that is inspired by the no poo (no shampoo) method.


 If you are unaware of the  “No Poo” technique, it is basically washing your hair with a gentle alternative to shampoo, such as baking soda and apple cider vinegar or even just water only, to achieve clean hair without the damage or dependency of typical shampoo.

The Low Shampoo, made with 99% natural ingredients, is a new product to wash the hair. Its formula doesn't foam up which protects the integrity of the hair fiber even when used daily, and it is sulfate-free, silicone-free, paraben-free and colouring-free!

VERDICT

The Low Shampoo


To Use:
Apply on wet hair and spread the product with your fingers from the roots to the ends.
Rub gently before rinsing thoroughly.
Suitable for daily use and all hair types.

Texture: Creamy like a conditioner

Smell: Floral scent

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Lauryl Glucoside, Behentrimonium Chloride, Crataegus Monogyna Flower Extract, Isopropyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Parfum/Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil, Potassium Sorbate

Benefits:

  • Protects and respects the integrity of hair fiber
  • Incredibly gentle
  • Leaves hair silky and healthy
  • Sulfate-free, silicone-free, paraben-free and colouring-free
  • Contains ingredient with antioxidant properties


Cost: $15 for 200ml

Product Rating: 10/10
I would say that washing with this Low Shampoo feels like working with a conditioner, while cleansing the scalp and hair like a milk cleanser. I was told to use a 50 cent amount for my hair length and thickness, but I found that I needed more. I use a size of a kumquat (those small orange citrus fruit) for my hair, and the trick I do is to start off with a wet hair and add more water bit by bit while working the product into my scalp and to the ends.

I'm amazed by how clean and hydrated my hair feels after wash, and I like how it leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. And on days when I feel like my hair ends are a little dry, I would add more shampoo to them and wash it like I would with a conditioner.

Raspberry Rinsing Vinegar

Made with raspberry vinegar for its acidity, this product helps to smooth out hair and eliminate mineral buildup, leaving hair shiny and full of vitality. The Raspberry Rinsing Vinegar is a silicone free formula.


To Use:
After shampoo and conditioner, massage onto the hair for 2 minutes and rinse off.

Texture: Liquid that forms slightly

Smell: Raspberry scent

Ingredients:
Aqua/water/eau, acetum/vinegar/vinaigre, parfum/fragrance, palmitamidopropyltrimonium chloride, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, propylene glycol, salicylic acid, aroma (flavor), cetrimonium chloride, citric acid, methylpropanediol, alcohol, ci 14700 (red 4), ci 17200 (red 33), ci 42090 (blue 1)

Benefits:

  • Has hair-smoothing properties and power to remove mineral build up
  • Helps to repair and seal hair cuticles
  • Leaves hair soft, smooth and shiny
  • Formulated without silicone
  • Prevents clogging of hair follicles and treats hair fiber without weighing it down

Cost: $18 for 150ml

Product Rating: 4/10
I'm not a fan of this product, mostly because I couldn't tell if there was any improvement from using it and because of the ingredients. While it's claimed to be made with 98% natural ingredients, there are things like fragrance and propylene glycol that raises a flag. So since there is no significant improvement, I wouldn't recommend the need to use this product.

However, that being said, I'm amazed by how it leaves my hair smelling sweet and nice despite it being a vinegar. And let me tell you, from someone who has used apple cider vinegar on her hair, the smell of vinegar usually last pretty long and it takes a special kind of nose to appreciate the scent of it. Points are also given for the fact that there was no obvious negative result from my use of this product.

Exceptional Serum

Made with 100% Botanical Micro Oils and repairing Hibiscus peptides, the Exceptional Serum helps to beautify, fortify and protect hair fibers from breaking. Its milky and light texture instantly melts on hair leaving it soft and shiny.

To Use:
Use on dry or damp hair. 
Apply 2 to 4 pumps (according to hair length) of product in the palm of your hand.
Spread the serum along the length of your hair from root to tip.
Do not rinse.



Texture: Milky serum

Smell: Floral scent

Ingredients:
aqua/water/eau, squalane, glycerin, polyacrylate-13,simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil,olea europaea (olive) fruit oil,macadamia integrifolia seed oil,hydrolyzed hibiscus esculentus extract, dicaprylyl ether,decyl glucoside,panthenol,sodium benzoate,polyisobutene,glyceryl oleate,chondrus crispus powder (carrageenan),parfum/fragrance,citric acid,polysorbate 20,xanthan gum,sorbitan isostearate,salicylic acid,phenoxyethanol,benzoic acid

Benefits:

  • Reinforced hair fibers, leaving them more resistant to breakage
  • Leaves hair lighter and silkier
  • Suitable for all hair types, dry or humid.
  • Silicone free, colorant free, paraben free.

Cost: $20 for 30ml

Product Rating: 8/10
I like the smell of this hair serum, it helps to refresh the scent of my hair mid day (if you know what I mean). I find that this serum helps to complement the Low Shampoo.

I love that it doesn't weigh down my hair or leave it greasy, in fact, it appears to be absorb relatively easily and quickly into my hair. Ingredients wise, the top few are mostly moisturizing ingredients and they don't seem to pose much of a risk.

The only feedback I have of this is that I still have hair breakage and split ends despite using this serum, but I contribute that to the fact that I have coloured & bleached hair sections and I've been swimming (like more than I have in years). Other than that, this serum will work if you are looking for a basic hair serum to start off with.

Have you tried these products out yet?
If you do, please feel free to share with me on your experience!

These products can be found at:
Yves Rocher Store at Ngee Ann City #B2-03


Signing out,
Jody

0 comments: