Navigation Menu

Feet Haven: The Art Of Healing with Reflexology [Sponsored Review]

3 weeks ago, I was invited to put Feet Haven to the test.
It was such an ideal opportunity because I was having sore legs from workouts.

Feet Haven has 2 branches that are located at:

#01-01, 136 East Coast Road 
Open 24 hours

and

Serangoon Gardens, 4A Avenue
Sunday to Thursday: 12 noon to 6am 
(Last Appointment is at 9pm)

Friday & Saturday: 12 noon to 11pm 
(Last Appointment is 10pm)



For more information, visit here.



Feet Haven prides themselves with shaking off the outdated impressions that people have with feet reflexology and injecting a shot of fresh, youthful energy into the industry. Feet Haven differentiate themselves by offering customers a range of cards stating “I like it hard”, “Soft touches”, “Silence is golden” or “I don’t mind small talk” as an option to pick their preferred levels of treatment intensity and engagement with the masseurs.

Awarded the Best Foot Massage by Harpers Bazaar Spa Awards in 2013, named Best Value Simply Her Foot Spa by Simply Her in the same year, and having been featured in popular publications like 8 Days, Cleo, Mother & Baby, Young Parents and Eastie Brekkie, I was looking forward to my session.


VERDICT

Duration: 45mins for Basic Foot Reflexology, but there are various options that have different duration to suit your needs and preference.

Overall Ambiance: They had the lights dimmed when I was there so to me it doesn't feel youthful or fun, and it looked kind of like pretty much most reflexology place with chairs that you can lend back in.


For this review, I decided to switch it up a little and got my guy to join me for this experience. I did a sponsored treatment while Jonny's treatment was paid for, and here's what he thinks of the Basic Foot Reflexology Experience:


His Experience

The service started out with a foot soak.

There was no consultation of my preferred levels of treatment intensity or engagement with my masseur, which was something that I was expecting because it was supposed to be their differentiating factor, and generally it's customary to ask customers to ensure that their needs, and preferences were met.


However, with that being said, it was an adequate massage. The chrysanthemum tea was nice at the end of the service, and I felt that my feet were lighter afterwards.



My Experience

The chair was really comfy and my masseur provided me with a blanket as I sit down, which I thought was really thoughtful.

But I was very disappointed with my foot soak that felt more like a dip in and out, because I was busy trying to sort out my booking for the session, and by the time I was in my chair... I guess time was running and they needed me to be done by a certain time so they rushed that process. Personally, I thought that was a waste because I did my research and many people were praising this step but I didn't get to enjoy it properly.

My masseur didn't ask me what my preference were using the cards, but he did check with me on the intensity of pressure when massaging. I didn't mind the talking so I'm not bothered by the fact that he didn't ask me if I wanted an interactive or a quiet experience.

My masseur seems to be very knowledgeable about reflexology and the indications of body symptoms based on the areas that are tensed. I appreciate that he worked on those tensed areas until they loosen up, so overall when it comes to the massage, it was an enjoyable experience and I give it 2 thumbs up! My legs felt lighter after the session and my aches dissipated.

OVERALL

I guess if my booking for the session was in place, things would have been different and we won't be spending excess time clearing the confusion. I was appreciative that the lady boss actually fitted me in despite their tight timing, because I don't live in the area.

As for the massage, I wouldn't call it the best. I don't see what's the hype about, it was a good massage but I would not say it's the best in Singapore, maybe only in the area of Serangoon Gardens. And my guy thought it was funny that I got a better masseur than him when he was the paying customer. That being said, I've got to agree that my masseur was really good, his pressure was consistent and while I know that we are short on time, he took his time to address the areas that are tensed.


















And that's all for this review!
Have you tried Feet Haven before?
Feel free to share your experience with me!

0 comments: