Navigation Menu

Sephora: Inspiration behind Fresh and my experience with Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask [Goodie Bag Review]

Yesterday's evening, I attended a #SephoraSG event with an invite from Linda of Sliverkis to discover the inspiration behind the brand of fresh from the founders, Lev Glazman and Alina Roytberg.

Selfie with Lev

During the session, Lev and Alina addressed the importance of using the right cleanser for our skin. It was very evident that they strongly believe that cleansing is the most important step  to achieve beautiful healthy skin and the product you use to cleanse your skin matters the most. It was also kinda funny how Alina was saying that it's pointless to spend big bucks on serums and creams if you are using a lousy cleanser or a cleanser that isn't suitable for your skin type. Lev also added on the importance of using something simple and basic, like their soy cleanser to get the job done.

I thought it was very interesting that they pointed out these facts and their belief in it, because this isn't the first brand founders I have spoken to who have the same view.

So the main take away here is that cleansing and what you use to cleanse are the most important factors to having good skin!



The other topic brought up was about Singapore's climate and tips on how to combat skin related issues that arises from our hot humid climate; that is oiliness, clogged pores and dull skin.

Lev highly recommends the use of clay, be it whether you have oil or dry skin, to help unclog pores, remove impurities and mattify skin.


And for healthier, firmer, softer and more radiant skin, Lev recommends fresh's Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask. He was inspired by the clouds and its moisture after being on the plane for too long. Looking out out the window, he was tempted to jump out of the plane, reside among the clouds, and allow all the moisture to re-hydrate his skin.

So, he came out with this mask instead and brought the "clouds" into the plane.

To Use:
Cleanse and towel-dry skin before applying to the face (avoiding the eye area).
Leave on for five to 10 minutes and rinse.
Use two to three times per week.

VERDICT



Texture: gel, velvety and whipped consistency, cooling to the skin, very light and moisturizing without being sticky

Smell: To my nose, it has the scent of juicy cucumber

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Poloxamer 407, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Menthoxypropanediol, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Sodium Citrate, Caramel, Citric Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Biotin, BHT.
Benefits:
  • Helps to defend against wrinkle-causing free radicals 
  • Supports natural collagen
  • Help to reduce the appearance of fine lines
  • Hydrates and nourishes
Cost: $144 for 100ml or $88 for 50ml

Product Rating: 10/10

Ok, I super love this! I like that it provides an instantaneous cooling effect to the skin, and the texture of it is just divine. This is PERFECT for Singapore's weather! Imagine it being hot and humid outside and you layer this mask on~ Wah~ paradise~!

The best part of it is that it leaves my skin fairer, firmer and softer after use!


During the event, I applied the mask on the back of my left hand for about 10 mins and after removing it, the difference can be felt and seen immediately and easily when I compared it to my right hand. Even now, as I'm typing this out, I can still see the difference between both hands. It's hilarious how fair the back of my left hand is compared to my right!

So with that, I really do believe that this mask does fulfill all the benefits that it claims to have. The only issues I have is it's packaging and the price of it. I never like containers like that because it leaves the products more prone to contamination, with the scooping and all~ 

And $144 for 100ml of mask is quite pricey, especially when you need a substantial amount to apply a good layer over the skin to see the results that I have experienced. This product is definitely an indulgence item... 

In the mean time, I shall just be happy with my 20ml travel sized mask and I shall only use it when my skin needs some magic for a special event. Haha!

0 comments: