Navigation Menu

Crème Simon: Daily Defense UV Protector SPF 50 & Multi Benefits Eye Treatment Gel [Sponsored Review]


Catch the sun, not the tan. Our lightweight oil-free sunscreen contains an optimized UVA/UVB protection system, thanks to a hybrid of mineral and chemical filters.
Clinically tested on Asian skin.

To Use:
Smooth over face and neck to protect against UV rays and prevent skin ageing. 
May be used as a makeup base.


Texture: Cream base that doesnt feel greasy
Smell: Light sweet floral scent

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, EthylLhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propanediol, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Tromethamine, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hydrolyzed Wheat Flour, Ethyl Lauroyl Arginate HCI, Fragrance*, Iris Pallida Leaf Cell Extract, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Leaf Cell Extract, Rosa Damascena Leaf Cell Extract, BHT, Tocopherol

Benefits:
High Sun Protection System (with zinc oxide)
Oxygenate and promote CO2 and toxin elimination for luminosity and clarity
Boosts brightening by reducing skin pigmentation.
Non-comedogenic.
Oil- free. Paraben free.
Alcohol Free.

Cost: $68

Product Rating: 6/10

I am quite amazed that this is one of the few sunscreen that I have tried that doesnt leave a very greasy-after feel. It blends quite nicely from white to nothing on the skin but it will be a little reflective (you may look pale in photos). 



Because it is quite lightweight, it works well as a base for makeup and it feels almost like nothing after application unless its humid then you might feel that layer that sunscreen always leave on the skin.

I love that it has high sun protection coverage and free of paraben and alcohol but its ingredients do bug me a little. This sunscreen consists of both physical and chemical filters, personally, I try to stick to physical (ie  minerals) or natural filters (eg coconut oil) because chemical filters may lead to some health concerns. I wrote about synthetic sunscreens here

However, that being said, it boils down to personal preference. I use this when I am going out for a short while and I will normally wash it off as soon as I get back because its sun protection coverage is too good to ignore and it does feel nice on the skin when it isn't overly humid. 



This gel-dispensing roller-ball twist-pen gently massages and moisturizes your undereye area, reducing the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and puffiness.

To Use:
Twist to dispense gel as needed, and smooth around eye area with the rollerball tip.


Texture: Cooling gel that absorbs easily
Smell: Light sweet floral scent

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), polyglyceryl-4 caprate, butylene glycol, glycerin, polymethyl methacrylate, sodium polyacrylate, pentylene glycol, glyceryl caprylate, panthenol, ethylhexylglycerin, xanthan gum, hydrolyzed wheat flour, disodium EDTA, escin, parfum (fragrance)*, ruscus aculeatus root extract, ammonium glycyrrhizate, centella asiatica extract, hydrolyzed yeast protein, calendula officinalis flower extract, sodium citrate, iris pallida leaf cell extract, jasminum sambac (jasmine) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena leaf cell extract, acetyl tetrapeptide-5, tocopherol, linalool, benzyl salicylate

Benefits:
Reduces the appearance of dark circles, fine lines and puffiness
Gently massages and moisturizes your undereye area

Cost: $25

Product Rating: 9/10

To be honest, I am not an eye product user yet... I know I should start caring for the areas around my eyes because it's the area where aging starts first! I have used an eye roller pen before but this one is a little unique. It has a dispensing roller-ball twist tip to prevent contamination and I find that a smart thing to consider especially for an eye product. 


Personally, I keep this in the fridge and use them when I need a quick wake-me-up! I have pretty bad dark circles and I do have chronic eye bags. Having tried others before, I know that the metal roller tip will definitely help to reduce some puffiness under the eye so it is no surprise when my puffiness were reduced after using this.

I have been very skeptical about eye product that claims to reduce the appearance of dark circles because most of the time, it works due to an ingredient that is reflective. Hence, creating the appearance of lighter dark circles because lights bounces off the reflective particles. I am glad to say that this product doesnt have any reflective ingredients (to the best of my knowledge) and relies solely on natural ingredients to help reduce the appearance of dark circle. It does work a little but it's not 100% which is good enough for me, I use makeup for perfection!



~~~
If you are interested to get these products, dont forget to quote "5GHYJXD" when you are making your payment to be entitled to a 10% discount off when you shop online at Crème Simon! And if you are still doubtful and you would like to try the products out, you can request for a sample online.

0 comments: