Navigation Menu

Crème Simon: Oxygenating Forming Cleanser & Gentle Double Exfoliation Scrub [Sponsored Review]

Hi everyone, here is one of the reviews that I know a few people have been waiting for and it is on Crème Simon's Brightening-Detox range! I have been using these products for a minimum duration of 3 weeks to be able to analyse and bring you this review. I have split the products into different categories, and the first category that I will be addressing today is the Key Cleansing products! 

So let’s get started.



The first step towards radiance, this extra-fine instant foaming cleanser lifts and removes impurities, light makeup and excess oil. Our sulfate-free formula cleanses without drying skin, with ingredients gentle for use in babycare. An indulgent oxygenating and cleansing ritual for soft, smooth and glowing skin. 


To Use:

Massage 1 - 2 pumps of soft foam onto face to remove light makeup and impurities. Rinse well. Gentle enough for daily use.












Texture: Light dense foam, slight fizzling sensation on skin as the foam dissipates.


Smell: Light sweet floral scent

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), caprylyl/capryl glucoside, decyl glucoside, propanediol, glycerin, caprylic/capric glycerides polyglycerin-10 esters, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, parfum (fragrance)*, decyl alcohol, glucose, caprylic alcohol, ethyl lauroyl arginate hcl, hydrolyzed wheat flour, iris pallida leaf cell extract, jasminum sambac (jasmine) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena leaf cell extract, linalool, benzyl salicylate.

Over 90% natural ingredients*

Benefits:
  • An exclusive botanical elixir of 7 flowers and plants proven to gently brighten skin
  • Oxygenate and promote CO2 & toxin elimination for luminosity and clarity skin
  • Reduce skin pigmentation and melanogenesis inhibition
  • Sulphate and soap-free ingredients that respect skin’s natural moisture balance
  • Oil-free
  • Paraben free
  • Silicone free

Cost: $59 for 150ml (Said to last up to 6 months by Crème Simon's Managing Director who uses this cleanser herself, maybe I will test this out)

Product Rating: 9.5/10

I use this product with dry hands and work the product on my face after I remove my makeup with their makeup remover. With dry skin, the cleanser is not watery and it works well in removing light makeup on its own... But, I would advice everyone not to be lazy and to do the proper makeup remover step first. This cleanser should be the second step of a double cleansing routine for proper makeup removal.

Over the duration of usage, I have found that it helped in brightening my overall complexion and even witness a reduction in blemishes. What with all the medication I took for my sickness and my crazy hormones, I am quite surprised to find that my skin has cleared up quite a bit during this period.

However, it does leave my skin feeling slightly tight and in need of a little moisture after wash... so it is something to note. I have reduced my usage to just 1 pump of this cleanser to wash my face and it does help a little for this issue. Overall, I think this cleansing works well and is something to consider if you are looking for a new cleanser~



Glow on, put your best face forward! 
This creamy gentle scrub contains 2 kinds of natural beads to refine and revitalize skin.

To Use:
Gently massage product on dampened skin before rinsing off.
Use 1-2 times a week.










Texture:  Consist of 2 different types of beads, a finer rougher beads and a softer rounded bead that will "melt away"


Scent: Light sweet floral scent

Ingredients:
Aqua (water), polyethylene, jojoba esters, disodium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, pentylene glycol, triticum turgidum durum (wheat) seed extract, coco-glucoside, stearic acid, coconut alcohol, palmitic acid, ammonium acryloyl dimethyltaurate/carboxyethyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium cocoyl glutamate, behenyl alcohol, xanthan gum, glyceryl caprylate, parfum (fragrance)*, ethyl lauroyl arginate hcl, disodium edta, tocopheryl acetate, linalool, hydrolyzed wheat flour, glycine soja (soybean) oil, iris pallida leaf cell extract, jasminum sambac (jasmine) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena leaf cell extract, linalool, benzyl salicylate.


Benefits:
  • Specially formulated to be non-drying
  • Baby-safe cleansing ingredients for the most delicate skin
  • Unveil perfectly cleansed, smooth, soft skin with a lovely fresh glow

Cost: $68 for 75ml
Product Rating: 7/10

This is one of the product that I am conflicted about, because of a ingredient used. One of the beads used for this scrub is made of polyethylene which is a polymer (aka plastic) and I have read about how plastic scrub beads contribute to plastic pollution (I addressed the use of polyethylene with Crème Simon's Assistant Director in my interview here). The other form of beads are made out of Jojoba wax. Personally, I would be happy with just Jojoba beads because it is biodegradable and would be very gentle to the skin. If you were to use this scrub, you would notice that the beads left on your face after scrubbing would consist of the finer polymer beads.

With that being said, I do agree that the combination of beads does help to lift off dead skin cells and over the duration of usage I do find that my skin has cleared up significantly. I use this scrub mainly on my T-Zone and I would gently go over around my cheeks and jaw line especially on days when I have been out perspiring with sunscreen and makeup on. It is said to be specially formulated to be non-drying, but as with the cleanser, I find my skin to be a little tight after use. There are still blackheads on the T-zone but they look somehow less obvious nowadays and it also leaves my skin feeling smoother and softer after use. 

~~~
And there you have it, the first review of Crème Simon's Brightening-Detox range. In the meantime, if you have more questions, feel free to ask me and if you are keen on making a purchase, I have special perks for my readers!!!

Get 10% discount off when you shop online at Crème Simon and simply quote "5GHYJXD" when you are making your payment! And if you are still doubtful and you would like to try the products out, you can request for a sample online.

0 comments: