Navigation Menu

13Rushes: Angled Flat Top Kabuki, Angled Flat Top Mini & Round Cheek Brushes [Sponsored Review]

I have been seeing this brand of brushes going around on Instagram and there are chatters among my beauty blogger friends about it, and it got me curious.

So what  brand am I talking about?

You have actually seen it in my July's Beauty Tools video,
 I am talking about 13RUSHES.



13RUSHES aspires to bring cruelty-free alternatives to beauty lovers all over the world.
Using only synthetic bristles, their HD brushes doesn’t compromise durability and washes easily. Each brush is individually handcrafted for the ultimate application experience based on our preferences.

I have given these brushes more than a month of trial and here's what I think of 13RUSHES' brushes that I selected out from their collection!

VERDICT

For Base:

The Angled Flat Top Kabuki blends the hard-to-reach areas of your face effortlessly. Its dense bristles offers a medium-full foundation coverage.

Use with:
Liquid, powder or cream foundation,concealer 
Suitable for cream/ water/ powder based products.



Texture: Soft, gentle and very dense brush

Made Of : Two-toned anti-bacterial Taklon bristles, a 100% synthetic alternative to animal hair




Functions:
  • Hypoallergenic, suitable for people with allergic responses to animal hair
  • Buffs base products onto hard-to-reach areas of the face
  • Gives medium-full coverage
Cost: $20

Product Rating: 9/10
I use this brush mostly with mineral or powder foundation and sunscreen. I find that it picks up the product relatively well and evenly. Application is made easy and quick with the angled brush head.

I personally wouldn't use this brush for a liquid foundation unless you wash the brush after every use (you should wash your them regularly) because I find that the density of the brush would be a good breeding ground for bacteria and my skin is blemish-prone. But I do use this brush to buff liquid or cream foundation out to even out lightly my application, to give it a airbrush effect. 

For Concealer:

As the fluffiest brush amongst the concealer brush series, the Angled Flat Top Mini offers both speed and efficiency in concealer application. 


Use with:
Concealer 

Texture: Soft and quite a dense brush

Made Of : Two-toned anti-bacterial Taklon bristles, a 100% synthetic alternative to animal hair




Functions:
  • Hypoallergenic, suitable for people with allergic responses to animal hair
  • Blends out concealer at the contours of the eye and chin
  • Highlights the high points of your cheek
Cost: $15

Product Rating: 8/10

I love using this to conceal my imperfection, due to its fluffiness, this brush provides a light touch to help blend the concealer into the skin or even to buff it out to create a more airbrush finish (so it looks like I have nothing on). I use this to cover up blemishes around my jaw line, and to even out my skin tone around the corners of my nose and under my eyes. I also use this brush to blend out my eyeshadows~! So, it is quite a versatile brush. But I find that it works best to conceal around the face rather than under the eye dues to its soft structure, it's a little tricky to blend concealer right up to the lashline properly.


For Blush/Contour/Highlight:


Illuminate your alter ego. Use gentle pressure to apply highlights to anywhere you'd like to draw attention. With more pressure, the Round Cheek (now known as Tapered highlighter) becomes the perfect finishing brush, blending every edge of your makeup flawlessly.

Use with:
Highlighting powder
Works well with all powder

Texture: Soft, fluffy and light brush

Made Of : Two-toned anti-bacterial Taklon bristles, a 100% synthetic alternative to animal hair




Functions:
  • Hypoallergenic, suitable for people with allergic responses to animal hair
  • Subtle highlighting of cheekbones, nose and forehead
  • Blends and polishes harsh edges
  • Layers blush on cheeks
  • Light dusting of loose powder on targeted areas of face
  • Tapered small bristle head for maximum precision
  • Mid-wavy bristles to offer the right amount of bristles flexibility for an even finishing
Cost: $17

Product Rating: 10/10

I love this brush! It picks up the right amount of blush and blends easily with its tapered tip. Its head is just right (not too big and not too small) to contour cheekbones, highlight the apples of the cheeks, and to define the high and low areas of the face! It is also great for dusting loose powder on tricky areas like the nose and eyes areas! And, if you have been reading my blog, you would know that I LOVE products that can be used for more than one purpose!

~~~

Overall, I love that 13RUSHES' brushes are made out of synthetic bristles and no animals are hurt in the process of creating these brushes. And despite the bristles being made from something synthetic, they are by far one of the softest brushes I have in my collection and are super gentle with my skin!

It is also great that because of its material, the bristles last longer and retain the integrity of the brush shape. Washing them is a breeze too, they dont fray out like other brushes that are made with animal hair.

That's all for this post! I have only featured the brushes used for the face, I will be posting up my review for the eye makeup brushes from 13RUSHES soon! Keep an eye out for that!

0 comments: