Navigation Menu

Alive Museum in Singapore

Recently, I was invited to experience the biggest 3D illusionary museum in Singapore that is located at Suntec City Mall #03-372 (go up from Tower 3) which has over 80 masterpieces.
Naturally~ being a museum and art lover, I said yes!

What is Alive Museum?

Alive Museum is Korea’s original and biggest chain of Illusionary Entertainment Museum, now in Singapore!

Alive Museum is where you can immerse yourself in fantasy and become part of a masterpiece! With the focus of creating a fun, entertaining and immersive 3D pictures, each unique art piece is conceptualized, hand painted and crafted by Alive Museum's own team of talented artists from South Korea to ensure unparalleled quality.

Unique to Alive Museum Singapore is a section of painting inspired by local scenes. Every year, 30% of the artworks will be renewed and you can expect holiday related themes to the artworks during holiday seasons!

With a camera in hand, there are endless ideas for you to create memorable photos! Tap on our free Wi-Fi service to instantaneously upload and share your entertaining photos on social media!

What Sort Of Illusions Are There?

Trick Art
Trick Art was very popular in Baroque era in 16th Century. Using 3D painting techniques, these art pieces trick your eyes and stimulate your mind into seeing both illusion and reality at the same time.


I like trick art, it requires a little more effort to see the art. And for some like the dragon one below, I used my phone camera to see discover the illusion of it.







Digital Art
Digital Art combines state-of-the-art technologies and the art to enable visitors to experience art beyond what is seen, and enjoy art pieces like never before!


My favourite digital art would be the famed image of Marilyn Monroe keeping her skirt down that is cause by the updraft that is a reason of us blowing a windmill which sets off a series of other windmills in motion to the frame (You can video my instavideo of it here).


Object Art
Object Art are Sculptures and installations that challenge our senses. Do you believe what you see? Touch and be part of the sculpture pieces for an immersive experience and picture stories that will astound your friends!


I had quite a bit of fun with object art too!

Before I die... I want to remember the names of those to haunt...
*insert creepy laughter*


Pfft~ What split? This is how I sit~

I love this~ Hahahahaha~ I was a mermaid for a few minutes and an eternity on this photo.
Heads up, there is a strong burst of air once you lean forward!

Perfect For?

Couples, Friends, OR Families

I was there with a friend but ideally, I would think that it would be better to have 3 or more people so that it is easier for photo taking and more fun

When I was there, there was a family of 5 (Parents, children & grandma) that went around being silly and creative and they had such a fun time bonding that it warms my heart.




The Good?

1) Something New and Interesting
As we all know, there isnt really much to do in Singapore once you have lived here your whole life...
New attractions are a must to go!

Alive Museum opens daily from 10am to 10pm (you can still head down after work), and takes about 1.5hours to go through the whole museum.

2) Something Fun and Creative
Kudos to making museums fun and making it a place that inspires creativity to enhance the experience!

3) Photo Point Icons
There are these pink photo point icons on the floors throughout the museums that indicates the best spot to stand to capture the illusion of the masterpieces and I found them extremely helpful!

4) Good Location
Now now, I must also credit that it is a good location for the museum to be located at Suntec City where you can still dine and shop afterwards or before (depending on your timing)!

The Bad?

1) One-Time Experience
I asked my friend what he thought of the place considering that museums and art are also his thing, and he thought that while it was interesting and fun... He wouldnt be going back again any time soon.

In my words, it feels like a "One-Time Experience". 
Personally, even though I know that 30% of the collections will be refreshed yearly...
I think I will only go back if there is something super attractive, interesting or weird.


2) The Lightnings
In certain areas, I found that it was either too dim or there are spotlight reflection on the masterpieces.
If you were to go through the photos in this post, you would be able to spot the white spots of the light reflection in them.

3) Quality of Art

They are all beautifully crafted, there is no denying in that. 
But I think some needs to be looked into..

Like the Michelle Jackson's masterpiece, considering that I am tall and this should be intended for general public.. following the instruction of how to pose for this~ It is nearly impossible if the feet needs to be at the allocated shadow spot and to support our own weight at that angle with slippery floor... This needs a lot of plank work.


The other collection I think needs to be looked into is the Camera Obscura exhibit. This needs a lot of maintenance, to not only ensure that there are sufficient materials to draw on (the marker was running out of ink too) but also... well.. it's cute that you have instructions inside the dark room... Mind having them outside instead? 

4) WiFi
I checked, the only free wifi available is Wireless@SG...
I was expecting something better, because its a hassle to connect to Wireless@SG and the connectivity isnt that great sometimes.


Promotion
Like Alive Museum on Facebook 
Get a free meal at Burger King Suntec with purchase of a full-priced ticket

~~~
With that being said,
overall~ I still think Alive Museum is a place that should be experienced at least once!

With ticket prices at:
$25 for Adults
$20 for Children (3-12 years old)
FOC for Children under 3 years old

It is still pretty decent for 1.5 hours of fun!
I had lots of laughter and I did enjoy myself~!

0 comments: