Navigation Menu

My Current Favourite Sport & My Fitness Routine | CG & CSF 2014


As an International Pageant Queen, one of the most common question I get is what do I do to maintain my figure and how do I find the motivation to exercise.

Exercise Fat animated GIF

Well, my secret is really simple and it is...

To find a workout routine or a sport that you like and enjoy doing and the rest will follow!

The important thing about keeping healthy physically is to be active, and playing a sport is a great way of combining exercise with fun!

SO WHAT IS MY FAVOURITE SPORT?

Archery Bow & Arrow animated GIF

It's ARCHERY!!!

Inspired by Legolas from Lord Of The Rings, I always wanted to try out archery... and I shot my first arrow during my travel in Cambodia!



There is an indescribable sense of satisfaction when the arrow hits the bull's eye and ever since then, I have been hooked to archery!

Back home, I head to HomeTeamNS at Bukit Batok where there is a fully air-condition indoor Archery Range by Archery Forces! Trust me, you will still perspire~

A walk-in Fun shoot cost $12 per hour with bows and arrows provided!


It's been a really nice sport that my brother and I took up, and during Festive Days like Easter's Day~ 
There are themed shooting that involves moving balloons targets!



What I love about archery is that, while it may seems to be a rather relaxed activity, it actually demands a lot from the use of our upper body muscles.


What areas of the body are worked during archery?




  • The upper back and shoulder: To draw the bow
  • The upper and lower shoulder muscles: To control the draw arm
  • The arm muscles: To extend the bow arm
  • The finger muscles: To hold the bowstring
  • The abdominal and lower back muscles: To provide balance and stability








And the best part is (as always), hitting the bull's eye~


~~~


So, while I turn to archery to train my upper body...
I turn to Youtube videos for lower body exercises like this one over here:





When it comes to keeping fit and exercising, 
I also believe in Quality vs Quantity.

No longer is it an excuse to say that you dont have the time to workout, because all you need is 10 minutes!
And trust me, these videos make working out easy to commit and effective in toning those muscles up!

I follow this workout for days when I want a quick routine for a whole body workout :)



And if I have the time, a few matches of badminton works great for a full body workout too!



~~~

Talking about sports, I would like to promote 2 upcoming events!


Community Games 2014
Currently ongoing from March to May 2014

The Community Games is organised by the People’s Association, Community Sports Club Council and Community Sports Clubs, with support from the National Sports Associations of the sports to be featured. 


And the featured sports under CG are Badminton, Basketball, Bowling, Football, Netball, Sepaktakraw and Table Tennis.


The Community Games is a multi-sports competition held across the island, bringing the Games to the heart of the community and connecting residents of different ages, races and living across estates. So far, based on the photos on the Community Sports Club's Facebook, it is heartwarming to see that The Community Games has been successful in connecting the community!

For more info, click here to head over to the Community Game Website!


Community Sports Festival 2014
From 16 March to 30 June
Happening at various venues across the island



The festival aims to be a fun-filled, exciting event that attracts residents to participate in a series of sports,
physical activities and other fringe activities that foster interaction and community bonding.

The highlight of the Festival is the introduction of the Community Sports Challenge, a modified game adapted from the actual sport. The challenges include Mini Pong, Archery Tag and Football. 


Each challenge is divided into four categories which suit the different age groups: 

Children
Senior
Parent and Child
Open categories


Challenger who sets the first record of each Sports Challenge of its categories wins the game.

Sounds fun and a good Family Day outing to participate, am I right?!

Here are the dates of Community Sports Festival 

Cluster
Dates
Time
Venue
Aljunied
TBC
TBC
TBC
Ang Mo Kio
16 March 2014
8am to 12pm
Punggol River, Sengkang Sports Recreation Centre
Bishan-Toa Payoh
17 May 2014
4.30pm to 7.30pm
Bishan ACTIVE Park
Chua Chu Kang
13 April 2014

Chua Chu Kang Stadium
East Coast
TBC
TBC
TBC
Holland-Bukit Timah
13 April 2014
7.30am to 12pm
Petir Park
Jurong
21 June 2014

With Jurong Lake Run
Marine Parade
25 May 2014
8.30am to 12.30pm
MacPherson CC
Moulmein-Kallang
21 June 2014
2pm to 6pm
Toa Payoh Sports Hall
Nee Soon
8 June 2014
8am to 1pm
Chong Pang Hardcourt opposite Sun Plaza
Pasir Ris-Punggol
TBC
TBC
TBC
Sembawang
6 April 2014
8am to 12pm
Republic Polytechnic
Tampines
13 April 2014
TBC
TBC
Tanjong Pagar
TBC
TBC
TBC
West Coast
6 April 2014
7.30am to 12pm
Jurong West Sports Recreation Centre

For more info: 
Click here to Community Sports Club's Facebook page
and you may track their activities on their instagram too! 

0 comments: